Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Hope Elephants


Hope Elephants. August 2014 Hope, Maine © Allison V. Smith
Hope Elephants. August 2014 Hope, Maine © Allison V. Smith
Hope Elephants. August 2014 Hope, Maine © Allison V. Smith
Hope Elephants. August 2014 Hope, Maine © Allison V. Smith
This summer I had the awesome opportunity to photograph the Hope Elephants at their home in Hope, Maine. As per most favorite assignments, I left with much more knowledge and understanding of this beautiful and endangered species. I learned today that the founder of Hope Elephants and our former vet, Dr. Jim Laurita, died tragically this morning. I have very deep sadness for his family, the Hope Elephant community and  especially for the elephants who had known Dr. Laurita for so long. Read more here and please join me in donating to the Hope Elephants Jim Laurita Fund here.

Watch National Geographic's tribute to Dr. Laurita.

No comments: