Wednesday, May 21, 2014

In Print: David Bates in Garden & Gun Magazine

David Bates in Garden & Gun Magazine

David Bates in Garden & Gun Magazine


Super psyched to see my photographs of artist David Bates in the current issue of Garden & Gun Magazine. A few months ago, I spent the day with Bates. We met at the Dallas Museum of Art, drove to the Modern in Fort Worth and then back to the Nasher Sculpture Center talking art and practices non-stop.  I photographed Bates in both museums where his work was being exhibited in a joint exhibition. I love the choices the Garden & Gun photo editor Maggie Kennedy made. They are quiet photographs of the artist visiting his own artwork beautifully exhibited in gorgeous museums. I think this one falls into the Best Assignments Ever catagory!

No comments: