Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Eddie Adams Workshop VI revisited

clip courtesy Robert Seale
Yellow bandana. Eddie Adams Workshop VI. 2013. © Allison V. Smith


20 years ago I experienced a life changer with 98 other eager, young, fellow photographers at the Eddie Adams Workshop. Fellow alum and Chicago Tribune photojournalist, Alex Garcia, blogged yesterday about our workshop 20 years ago. So many great memories and crazy talent. How did I forget that Alfred Eisenstadt were there? I guess I was too focused on Gordon Park's red scarf.
Read his post it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at the very first Eddie Adams workshop in 1988. Gregory Heisler was telling stories/teaching via his slides to a handful of students until the wee hours of the morning hours. When the lights came up there was Jay Maisel, who had been laying on the floor soaking it in with the rest of us.

avs said...

So awesome. Thanks for sharing.