Tuesday, March 19, 2013

adventures in the D.F

Frida Kahlo for Vogue by Toni Frissell. Casa Azul. Mexico City. March 2013  ©Allison V. Smith
Casa Azul Cocina. Mexico City. March 2013  ©Allison V. Smith
Frida Kahlo 's studio. Casa Azul. Mexico City. March 2013  ©Allison V. Smith 
Frida Kahlo's gafas del sol. Casa Azul. Mexico City. March 2013  ©Allison V. Smith


I had a fun weekend assignment in Mexico City. We took a break from shooting to visit Casa Azul, Frida Kahlo's home and now museum. They charge 60 extra pesos if you want to photograph inside her home, sin flash of course. Above a few hipstamatic shots of her inspiring home and studio.

5 comments:

Annalilly said...

I was there ten years ago. It was an amazing experience. One of my other favorite places in Mexico is the Museo Brady in Cuernavaca, if you ever get to go. http://bradymuseum.org/

avs said...

@annalilly it has been almost 15 years since I was in Museo Brady. I immediatly thought of it when I visited Casa Azul last weekend. Nice memories. So very visually inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos Allison! I just gave a lecture on Frida to my students yesterday, so this was awesome to see today. Cheers--Polly

avs said...

Lucky Students, Polly!

jsl said...

Love it!