Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Aunt Nancy

Aunt Nancy. August 2009. Western Springs, Ill. © Allison V. Smith
RIP to my great Aunt Nancy. Aunt Nancy died today at the age of 96. She always shared with me her kindness, sincerity , laughter and love for all animals, including Bucks and Daisy. She was also the best pen pal with flawless handwriting and she always signed her letters with a smile. I'll miss her voice and her heart of gold. Above is a photo I made when Barry, Bucks and Daisy & I visited her after we got married. Below two photos shot by my grandfather during some of her many memorable trips to Dallas. love and kisses to you Aunt Nancy.

Sister in laws. Nonesuch, Dallas, Texas 1957 © Stanley Marcus
Herb, Nancy and Jake. Nonesuch. Dallas, Texas 1957 © Stanley Marcus

6 comments:

Your escalator operator said...

Very sorry for your loss!

Allan said...

Sorry about the loss, AVS. I'll always remember her since my dad was raised in Western Springs....

Scott McHose said...

You can just hear Nancy saying "Well, howdy do!" Had the pleasure of knowing Jake & Nancy for 40+years and content that they are finally reunited - and on what I believe would have been Jake's 100th birthday. He won't get a better present.

avs said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Jake. Thanks, Scott for the nice comment and yes I too can hear her saying "Well, Howdy-Do." All the best, Allison

Mei-Chun Jau said...

My deepest condolences to you and your family. Sending you our biggest hugs. xoxo, MC & Trini

Bitna Chung said...

Sorry to hear of your loss...she was so beautiful!