Sunday, November 20, 2011

the power of a photograph

Dallas Morning News. March 1978

Inspired by my recent photo find, I started digging through folders of family photographs. This one is dated March 1978 was shot by an unknown Dallas Morning News photographer. My grandfather touches my shoulder as I hold it together the best an 8-year-old can do as we leave my grandmother's funeral. It was front page news. This photograph makes me so sad. It's an outright reminder to me of the power of a photograph and the importance of a singular moment.

6 comments:

brian adams said...

POWER.

jsl said...

Heart breaking and tender.

Jennifer Boomer said...

AMAZING, AVS. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

brings tears to my eyes.

Sharon said...

I recognize your grandfather. This is a moving photograph. Thank you for sharing it.

Sharon

Melanie said...

Awe...Makes me sad too. Sweet little Allison.