Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Story of Prince

 Senior 2011. April 2011. Hico, Texas © Allison V. Smith

 Prince. April 2011. Hico, Texas © Allison V. Smith

Bucks and Prince. May 2011. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith


True Story.  In late April, Barry & I were returning from an awesome work weekend in Marfa, Texas (see June issue of F!D Luxe).  Naturally, Bucks & Daisy were with us. With an hour and half left to go until we were home, we decided to stop by one of our favorite parks in Hico. 
For one reason or another, we did not park where we normally parked. Bucks & Daisy were acting feisty and letting their noses get the better of them. I grabbed my Hasselblad and their leashes and followed them towards the well lit grain elevator covered in high school senior graffiti. I shot 3 shots with my iPhone and 1 with my Hasselblad then suddenly Bucks jerked me towards the elevator.

Just below SENIORS 2011 sat a tiny orange kitten who was not afraid of me or our two dogs. I picked up the kitten and he purred. He continued to purr all the way back home. 

The photos above tell the story. In the first photo, look closely on the right side right below 2012. The second photo is Prince's very first portrait and the third at home with our beloved Bucks. Thanks Bucks for finding us this little orange angel.

12 comments:

Jason W. Dean said...

Oh, Allison, so sweet. Made me have a couple of tears here at my desk. Wonderful to know that in a way Bucks is still with you in Prince.

Anna @ D16 said...

I'm a little damp around the eyes now, too! What a sweet pair.

brian adams said...

Thats so awesome AVS. Great story and photos.

Social Breakfast said...

Love this.

Social Breakfast said...

Love this.

V.O.D. said...

Crying. But happy you have little Prince and animal love lives on! xo

Prince said...

Meow.

Annalilly said...

Precious!

Erin said...

Great story!

jsl said...

Best story ever!!!

avs said...

Never gets old even almost one year later. I love Prince.

Phil Bebbington said...

Lovely, Allison. It seems that you fell on your feet that day :)