Wednesday, March 02, 2011

I Love Eisley

 Stacy Dupree. Eisley. March 2011. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith
  tuning. March 2011. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith
 Sherri Dupree. Eisley. March 2011. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith

I love Eisley and have ever since I was assigned by the Dallas Morning News to photograph them at their home in Tyler, Texas in 2002. This was pre-first cd, pre-touring with Coldplay, pre-rockstars. I treasure that 24 hours that I spent with them at home in Tyler, Texas photographing their round the clock musical life. When I heard they were playing an instore at Good Records to promote their new record The Valley, I grabbed my camera and was once again in awe of their talent and sweet spirit. 
Get a sense here.


 Moss Eisley. December 2002. Tyler, Texas © Allison V. Smith
 Stacy in her room. December 2002. Tyler, Texas © Allison V. Smith
Wes and Stacy. December 2002. Tyler, Texas © Allison V. Smith

4 comments:

kristin elena. said...

love love love. fave band ever. they are so lovely. :D

Andrew Shepherd said...

Wonderful. Great post Allison.

Aquarelle Bleue said...

I am still kicking myself for missing this performance. Would you be posting more photos from this show?
Thanks!

XG

Anonymous said...

Wow, it is so awesome you got to meet and photograph Eisley. They are definitely my favorite band. These pictures are awesome!