Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I beg your pardon

Bentley's roses. 2010. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith
Bentley's roses. 2010. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith
Bentley's roses. 2010. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith
I photographed architect Bentley Tibbs and his extraordinary rose garden a few months back for the current issue of F!D Luxe. See more photographs here. I told Bentley that I should have a greener thumb as my great grandmother was an experienced gardner. She would have been a fan of Bentley and his roses. See my great grandmother below with 
Dallas First Men's Garden Club. 

Minnie Marcus & First Men's Garden Club of Dallas

5 comments:

Anne said...

`How lovely! I had a little rose garden - it's my attempt at being a lady. One day, though, I will have a nonpartisan rose garden with roses named after some of my favorite presidents and their wives.

Your escalator operator said...

Lovely photos and I especially liked the headline (although it took me a second to put the lyrics together)!

Have a great weekend.

avs said...

You maybe the only one who caught it. It's one of my favorite songs and a great one to sing in the car... alone.

avs said...

Now here's Lynn Anderson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4wcNVbYOQ

Various Projects said...

absolutely beautiful roses & shots. :)