Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Eight Track Museum

Curator & Collector Bucks Burnett. February 2011. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith
The Eight Track Museum. February 2011. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith
Curator & Collector Bucks Burnett. February 2011. Dallas, Texas © Allison V. Smith
Attention Eight Track Lovers: The one and only Eight Track Museum is about to open  in Dallas, Texas.

I first saw Buck's impressive 8 track collection at the Barry Whistler Gallery in Oct 2009. See Ben here.
Then last week I was assigned to photograph curator and collector, Bucks Burnett with his extensive collection in it's new home in Deep Ellum.

I added the Dallas Observer TAPEHEAD clip to my (slowly evolving) website. See here.
Read Pete Freedman's eight track story here.
And mark your calendars February 14, 2011, for the official opening of The Eight Track Museum.

editors note: I am a big fan of Bucks's.
So much so I named my beloved dog after him.

1 comment:

Kiiiim said...

Hey! Loving the content of your blog and your photography! I have an SLR camera that I use for my blog, but I don't use it for "photgraphy" purposes, I just think it takes better quality pictures... so it's always interesting to see the pictures of a real photographer.

-Kim

NoShookHands.blogspot.com