Saturday, January 15, 2011

installation shots

Dan Phillips' cabin installation. January 14, 2010. Waxahachie, Texas © AllisonV.Smith
Dexter in the cabin. January 14, 2010. Waxahachie, Texas © AllisonV.Smith
 Dan Phillips'  installation. January 14, 2010. Waxahachie, Texas © Allison V. Smith

Dexter. January 14, 2010. Waxahachie, Texas © Allison V. Smith


Yesterday I photographed Dan Phillips show "Early American" at the Webb Gallery in Waxahachie. 
I was especially impressed with Phillips' haunting, lonely cabin installation and the perfectly structured furniture inside. Everything made by hand, see video here
Yesterday I also made a new best friend, Dexter.  It was either true love or Dexter just liked me for the treats in my pocket and my fine smelling camera bag. Either way, I fell for it.
Dan's show is up through Feb. 6th. Check it out & tell lil' D hi!

No comments: