Wednesday, December 08, 2010

scenes from Mockba

red pumps on red square. november 2010. Moscow, Russia © Allison V. Smith
red square. november 2010. Moscow, Russia © Allison V. Smith
red square. november 2010. Moscow, Russia © Allison V. Smith
black lillies. november 2010. Moscow, Russia © Allison V. Smith
This was my 4th trip to Moscow to visit my sister and her family. I feel very lucky to get a behind the scenes view of this complicated and crowded city. This trip made me curious about some of the photos I shot on previous trips. Specifically my visit in 1992 when I photographed the amazing outdoor swimming pool which was built by Stalin on the site of a demolished church. Future blog post alert. Above are a few of my favorites from a super cold afternoon visit to Red Square. I loaded a few more on my photoshelter archive.

7 comments:

Jason said...

Your dad totally looks like an awesome cold war spy in his photo - thanks for sharing!

jan sonnenmair said...

I totally would be happy with a print under MY xmas tree... thanks for askin

Joel said...

You stepped up your game to a whole new level. Great stuff.

Anne said...

I love the chicken ornaments on the Christmas tree. :)

brian adams said...

Wow, I love every photo in this post! Then I checked out the gallery! Great shooting AVS.

kristin elena. said...

i really love these photos.

avs said...

Thanks!!! I wish I had more time to photograph there.