Monday, November 01, 2010

WIN

Win+Nolan Ryan. Arlington, Texas. 2008. © Allison V. Smith


I shot both photos a few years back on assignment for USA Today. The assignment was to shoot a portrait of Nolan Ryan, the new president of the Texas Rangers. I wanted to photograph him in the dugout , so we walked from his office, across the park and through the tunnel that lead to the dugout. That's where I spotted the crudely drawn WIN with the red horseshoe. I shot a super fast snap and we moved on. I was not a big Rangers fan that day, but I'll admit I'm on the bandwagon now, big time.
Go Rangers, Win.

3 comments:

mommybrain said...

I really hope the rangers can pull it off. Great shot of Nolan and love the horseshoe too!

Napoleon de BsAs said...

I've always been a big Rangers fan. From back in the '70s when the most exciting thing at the games was watching to see if the birds would catch the big moths flying around in front of the huge flood lights.

And I've always been a big Allison V. "Li'l Al" Smith fan. From back in the '70s as well.

Napoleon de BsAs said...

I've always been a big Rangers fan. From back in the '70s when the most exciting thing at the games was watching to see if the birds would catch the big moths flying around in front of the huge flood lights.

And I've always been a big Allison V. "Li'l Al" Smith fan. From back in the '70s as well.