Tuesday, November 09, 2010

6 Man FootBall


Go Magazine November 2010
Go Magazine November 2010
 Pep Rally. August 2010 Abbott, Texas © Allison V. Smith
game balls. August 2010 Abbott, Texas © Allison V. Smith
 the fans.August 2010 Abbott, Texas © Allison V. Smith
cheerleaders. August 2010. Abbott, Texas © Allison V. Smith
So far, one of my favorite assignments of 2010 was the above for Air Tran Airways inflight magazine. I spent the last Friday in August at Abbott High School in Abbott, Texas photographing their 6 man football team. The reporter, Clay Latimer , and I attended the pep rally and game, ate booster club hamburgers and discussed Panther Pride with Coach. See more here.                          

8 comments:

brian adams said...

Great shooting AVS! I love the photo of the best buckle.

avs said...

Thanks Brian. Here is another one of my favorites:

http://allisonvsmith.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/6MAN/G0000SHibtIh1zWU/I0000eTka5VvjYf4

Patrick Dove said...

Great gallery. I work at small West Texas newspaper and we cover several six-man teams. The high school football season is my favorite time of year!

avs said...

Cool. Where do you work?

Michael Sebastian said...

Allison, you are masterful at these kinds of stories.

Carl said...

Good to read about the Air Tran Airways inflight magazine, and also the pictures are awesome, good to share.

__________________

dissertation Writing

Patrick Dove said...

I work at the Standard-Times in San Angelo. I'll be heading out on a two-day trek starting Friday for some playoff football.

brian adams said...

Nice AVS. :) Great details.