Friday, September 10, 2010

Today I am Thankful for All I Have

Michael Miller's Studio. Commerce, Texas ©Allison V. Smith 
Michael Miller. Commerce, Texas ©Allison V. Smith 
detail from Michael Miller's Studio. Commerce, Texas ©Allison V. Smith 

A few months back, I photographed artist Michael Miller in his studio in Commerce, Texas for F!D Luxe. Tomorrow night Michael's show , Today I am Thankful for All I Have, opens at the Barry Whistler Gallery. The show will feature 50 new punchy paper pieces ( I've already picked out the one I want!)  and 6 canvases. This fall also marks the gallery's 25th anniversary

3 comments:

bill h said...

lovely art, lovely images, lovely thought. thanks for sharing them

Suzanne Cummings said...

Beautiful photographs. Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

oh, those cotton fields... I remember my Catholic grade school when I was in first grade, Corpus Christi TX, abutted a cotton field. There were laborers, including children no older than I, working those fields, dragging sacks behind them, picking that cotton by hand. Never - ever - forgot. Thank you for that beautiful image.