Friday, November 13, 2009

Girl with Bicycle, Dublin,1966 © Evelyn Hofer

Phoenix Park on a Sunday, Dublin 1966 © Evelyn Hofer

Queensboro Bridge. © Evelyn Hofer

Gravediggers, Dublin 1966. ©Evelyn Hofer

I'm blown away by the simplicity and beauty of the portraits and scenes by photographer Evelyn Hofer. I just learned about Hofer yesterday when I saw her obit in the New York Times. She died from a stroke in Mexico City 2 weeks ago. Hofer was once described 'the most famous unknown photographer in America'. Her portraits are an awesome inspiration for an upcoming project I have up my sleeves. I've just added her monograph to my Amazon wishlist.

4 comments:

I am Matthew Nager said...

Super awesome. Thanks AVS!

trey kazee said...

holy smokes.

shanks for the tip

avs said...

Thought you 2 would like this! ;)

Bottle Bell Photography said...

WONDERFUL post! Love the simplicity as well. Thanks for sharing. xx