Monday, April 06, 2009

Moss Eisley. December 2002. Tyler , Texas © Allison V. Smith

It's impossible that it was 7 years ago that I photographed a very young band made up of 4 siblings and a neighbor from Tyler, Texas called "Moss Eisley" , now rockstars Eisley. During a massive spring cleaning, I found a disc of images from the 24 hours I spent with them in their Tyler home. It was fun reliving the night I spent with that very musical and magical family. Tree Tops was always one of my favorites!

12 comments:

remember moments said...

That's awesome - they sure have become popular over the years.

Congrats on Blog of Note!

guillermo aldaya said...

Thanks for so interesting photos!
All the best from Rio.
Guillermo Aldaya

Alexander Field said...

Love Eisley, thanks for posting the photo!: )

Simply me said...

Loooooooooove Eisley!

Rick said...

That's freaking awesome! I love Eisley! They are so uniquely talented and I am thoroughly jealous of your encounter with them.

Megan said...

How cool! I love Eisley...just saw them in concert in Tulsa about this time last year. Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Congratulations on being selected as the Blog of Note.

I love Eisley - how cool that you had an opportunity to shoot them before they hit the big time.

Francheska said...

wow you photographed this band? I love them! very cool.

Ron Andrew O'Daniels said...

A very cool picture. Captures identity.

sierra.horton said...

Eisley?!

What the crap.. Thats incredible.

Dave Hedrick said...

I found out about them some short time after they changed their name and saw them in an intimate little venue up in North Dallas. They're very sweet. My friends took pictures with them but alas, I didn't.

And I do want to say that Tree Tops is also my favorite. STILL.

Jourdan said...

ooh i love eisley too...