Wednesday, February 25, 2009

cyan- self portrait. February 2009. Marfa, Texas. © Joe Swayze

I'm headed out west to Marfa this week for the opening at the Thunderbird Hotel. The best part is some of my most favorite people will be there. Including Joe & Joanna Swayze. Joe ( as seen in self portrait above) was my photo teacher at the Maine Photographic Workshop in 1986. It's not the first time I have blogged about him and it won't be the last. Joe opened my eyes to the world of photography. I cherish that our friendship continues and grows!

4 comments:

trey kazee said...

lucky!

sarah jane said...

Have fun!!! Bummed a little bit I went the "wrong" weekend.

avs said...

I'm equally as bummed.;(

Vilis Inde said...

This is a great show. You capture part the "rough" part of Marfa and make it look tremendous. Color! Light! Tremendous!