Tuesday, November 18, 2008



Jake and Dorothy's Cafe. October 2008. Stephenville, Texas © Allison V. Smith

A few outtakes from a recent assignment on Texas cafes for the December issue of Texas Monthly. These photographs are from Jake and Dorothy's Cafe in Stephenville, Texas (editors note: I'll be adding that grilled cheese photo to my website shortly..). I also photographed the true Texas diner gals at the Whistle Stop in Decatur. I recommend stopping by either place for a slice of pie goodness next time you are passing through.

12 comments:

brian adams said...

beautiful.

jt said...

cowboy hat and grilled cheese. Great combo.

Anonymous said...

I hope you added that grilled cheese to your mouth as well.

Matthew said...

These are lovely, as usual.

Nicole said...

Love the GC shot!

Allison V. Smith said...

Thanks for the love y'all.

trey kazee said...

the quest for the holy grill

SUPERB

Anonymous said...

I can smell the burnt cheese from here. you just FEELS it girl.

jan s. said...

oh sorry to be anon....

leila said...

Is the issue out yet? I wanna see!

Allison V. Smith said...

Not sure. I think I got an early copy ;)

nathan schroder said...

I love the grilled sandwich image