Thursday, October 18, 2007

day one


Today Mom and I had our first book signing at NM northpark. We saw lots of old friends and made new ones. Mr. Sam Fagan wins the award for my favorite new friend. Mr. Fagan ,89, was a long time store employee who started working at NM when he was 15. He started two weeks before my mother was born. He ended up being one of the top shoe salesman in the store and one of his best clients was Lady Bird Johnson. Tell me more.
See you tomorrow downtown first floor. 2-4.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Cool...
milton

Anonymous said...

Awww, that story charmed my socks off. My heart just melted a little bit.

Cari

wendyparee said...

I remember Sam Fagan. He was already a legend when I was there. Everyone loved him. I'm so proud of you two for pulling this off. What an accomplishment. Bravo!

leila said...

what a cutie! boy, this is so neat

Anonymous said...

i love him! When are you guys meeting to trade photos?