Saturday, September 22, 2007

Yo-Phos


I started taking photography seriously when I was 15. (above is a contact sheet from my first photo class, circa 1985 ) We called ourselves yo-phos. Young Photographers. Two of my favorite YO-PHOS today are blowing me away with their daily work. Fred Holston, 15, has a new website where he shows off his work from various cool cameras! Yeah, he shoots film! And then there is Grace Vroom who loads semi-regularly on flickr. Keep loading friend ( and see you in Marfa!!)

5 comments:

grace vroom said...

ooooh how exciting to be blogged about!

support my decision to drop out of school in order to shoot and flickr more? thanks!!!!!!

p.s. yo-phos 4evr!

g said...

Nice to see someone blogging about the future photographers of tomorrow. I was a "yo-pho" a few years back. One of the best times of my life. I've since returned to the workshops twice and still can't get enough of it.

Fred said...

Oh honey, this totally made my day, I am DYING to do a shoot with you!

grace vroom said...

i wish i lived at the workshops...

avs said...

Yeah Yo-Phos! Thanks G for the comment and Fred&Grace let's go shooting soon!