Friday, July 27, 2007

Good Day Sunshine


Last year I wrote about photographing the amazing Brookhart family when their mother Joanne was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Yesterday, Joanne passed away. She fought her battle hard and left us with so many amazing lessons. Her family kept an online journal and last week her daughter Ashlie wrote this..I wanted to share it because it touched me so much:

"Mom is still giving us magical moments. Yesterday she gave me a few little nuggets that I want to share with all of you. She held my hand and said, 'Love your children. Sing to your children. Read to your children. Dance with your children. Talk to your children. Even when they really don't want you to, keep talking.' She is truly peaceful and beautiful. These days have been such a gift. We are so very lucky. My heart is overjoyed. I asked Mom if she needed to see anyone or talk to anyone. And she said that you all know that she loves you because she has told you. I think that is the greatest lesson. Say I love you. Enjoy the sunshine today. We are so thankful for all of you. We are so blessed by God. And we love you. xoxo."

3 comments:

pierpont said...

beautiful. just beautiful

Anonymous said...

Thats so nice, I am going throught this kind of thing with my mom now and she is totally unable to communicate and its really painful.. take care
milton

avs said...

I am thinking of you Milton. You are in my heart. xo avs