Saturday, June 02, 2007

the future is video


Last night I crashed a going away party for another Dallas Morning News photographer. I like checking in with the old crew every now and then. It's a great way to catch up on all the photo gossip. What new lens is coming out, did you hear fuji is making a new film, and whoa- the 3d has a auto cleaning sensor... you get the idea. One photographer said he heard from another photographer that eventually video would take over everything. Even magazines. I just can't get my head around that one.

3 comments:

Fly on the Wall said...

don't believe the hype.

leila said...

i'm not buyin it

Rachel said...

I freelance for the Telegram and they seem to think that too. I shoot mostly live stuff for them though. And its like 10x harder to get a pass to shoot video than it is to just shoot still. So I'm really not worried. Video restrictions are tighter. John Rhodes for the DMN says "its really about capturing sound at the live shows.." and I wanted to say "Well tell me how they are going to put "the sound" in a printed newspaper." Sure you can put the video on the site.. Sure the Internet is the future of things. But some people do amazingly actually buy the paper. Yeah sure you can grab a Hid Def capture. But I still dont think It holds up the Quality you'd get shooting stills.