Wednesday, May 23, 2007

other photographers

Just home from Houston where I spoke to the photo forum (including Anne Wilkes Tucker) about my work in Marfa. The best part of the night was getting to meet two photographers whom I have a lot of respect for. Peter Granser has been working in Texas on a new project and was leaving for Germany the next day. I am crazy about his photographs and as soon as I landed home I bought his latest book Coney Island which will be out of print in no time. He has an eye like Stephen Shore and a calm, pleasant spirit about him. The best kind of photographer--a rare breed really. Robb Kendrick was the headliner. He could not have been nicer. His portraits of cowboys are gorgeous and the end result on a tin type are stunning. Lucky guy lives in San Miquel with his wife and two kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fantastic!

Anonymous said...

how fantastic!